Additional definitions, terms and conditions are stipulated in my Terms of Service, Disclaimer, Cancellation & Scheduling Policy, and Credit Card Payment Authorization, which are are hereby expressly incorporated into this document by reference.
If you are an established client of David Lechnyr, LCSW who is receiving mental health treatment in the context of a client-therapist relationship in either the State of Oregon or Arizona, please refer to my HIPAA Notice of Privacy Practices for the specific terms and rights that apply to you. For any client receiving therapy from an independently practicing clinician other than myself, they are required by U.S. Federal law to present you with a notice of privacy policies similar to that presented in this document; please be sure that you receive and sign such a document prior to proceeding with therapy.
How I Use Your Information
As you use the Site, your personal information may be collected directly from you and automatically from your web browser’s information. Primarily, I use and collect the following information:
- When you sign up for my newsletter, I store your name and email in order to be able to send you future email newsletters. You can opt out of receiving these newsletters by using the unsubscribe link contained in the email.
- I store any comments or feedback you provide me for the purpose of improving the content of the Site.
- I collect analytics with Google Analytics to measure site traffic and usage. You may opt out of Google Analytics.
When filling out a questionnaire, I also additionally store the following:
- I store your name and email for the purpose of identifying you to the clinician you have indicated should receive a copy of the results of your questionnaire.
- I store an encrypted version of your password so that you may verify your identity.
- I gather demographic data such as your birthdate, occupation and marital status. This demographic data is anonymized and used for statistical research and is not required for you to use any questionnaires.
- I store your responses to any questionnaires and share them only with your clinician. Your answers generate a suggested treatment plan shared only with your clinician.
- I anonymize and de-identify your answers to any questionnaires for the purposes of research to improve the overall evidence-based methodologies of the assessment.
How I Share and Disclose Your Information
I may share your Personal Information in the following circumstances:
- I may share your Personal Information publicly, but only with your permission. For example, with your permission, we may publicly post your photograph, your name, professional titles, and comments on the “Reviews” section of our websites.
- I may share your Personal Information with companies that provide services for me, such as hosting, marketing and communication services, and payment processing (“Service Providers”). My policy is to authorize these Service Providers to use your Personal Information only as necessary to provide services for me, and require that they not use or disclose your Personal Information for any other purpose.
- From time to time, I may be required to provide Personal Information to a third party in order to comply with a subpoena, court order, government investigation, or similar legal process.
I do not sell your Personal Information.
This Site has security measures in place to protect against the loss, misuse or alteration of information under DTSC, LLC’s control. I follow generally accepted standards to protect the Personal Information submitted to me, both during transmission and once I receive it. For example, when you enter sensitive information (such as your login credentials), I encrypt the transmission of that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL). However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, I cannot guarantee its absolute security.
California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA)
In general, within the preceding 12 months:
- I have collected the categories of Personal Information listed above.
- I have collected these categories of Personal Information directly from you, when you use the Site, and from third parties for the purposes described above.
- I have disclosed the following categories of Personal Information for business purposes: Identifiers and contact information; professional and employment-related information; commercial information; transactional information; and internet and network activity information.
- I have not sold your Personal Information.
Certain California residents are entitled to privacy rights under the CCPA. Customers who wish to exercise these rights should direct their requests to the registered member who controls their Personal Information.
- The right to know. You have the right to request to know (i) the specific pieces of Personal Information I have about you; (ii) the categories of Personal Information I have collected about you in the last 12 months; (iii) the categories of sources from which that Personal Information was collected; (iv) the categories of your Personal Information that I sold or disclosed in the last 12 months; (v) the categories of third parties to whom your Personal Information was sold or disclosed in the last 12 months; and (vi) the purpose for collecting and selling your Personal Information.
- The right to deletion. You have the right to request that I delete the Personal Information that I have collected or maintain about you. I may deny your request under certain circumstances, such as if I need to comply with legal obligations or complete a transaction for which your Personal Information was collected. If I deny your request for deletion, I will let you know the reason why.
- The right to equal service. If you choose to exercise any of these rights, I will not discriminate against you in anyway. If you exercise certain rights, understand that you may be unable to use or access certain features of my Services.
You may exercise your right to know and your right to deletion twice a year free of charge. To exercise your right to know or your right to deletion, please contact me using the address information provided in this document.
I will take steps to verify your identity before processing your request to know or request to delete. I will not fulfill your request unless you have provided sufficient information for me to verify you are the individual about whom I collected Personal Information. If you have an Account with me, I will use my existing Account authentication practices to verify your identity. If you do not have an Account with me, I may request additional information about you to verify your identity. I will only use the Personal Information provided in the verification process to verify your identity or authority to make a request and to track and document request responses, unless you initially provided the information for another purpose.
You may use an authorized agent to submit a request to know or a request to delete. When I verify your agent’s request, I may verify both your and your agent’s identity and request a signed document from you that authorizes your agent to make the request on your behalf. To protect your Personal Information, I reserve the right to deny a request from an agent that does not submit proof that they have been authorized by you to act on their behalf.
California’s “Shine the Light”
California customers are also entitled to request and obtain from us once per calendar year information about any of your Personal Information shared with third parties for their own direct marketing purposes, including the categories of information and the names and addresses of those businesses with which we have shared such information. To request this information, please contact me in writing using the address information provided in this document.
Children’s Privacy (COPP
This Site is not directed at children under the age of 18. I comply with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act and do not knowingly permit submission of Personal Information by anyone under 18 years of age.
Links to Other Sites
Changes to This Policy
Attn: David Lechnyr, LCSW
1598 Pearl Street, Suite 2
Eugene, Oregon 97401
Last Revised: February 9, 2020