David specializes in working with following issues:
Anxiety, Stress & Worry
Worry is a pattern of thinking that is persistent, repetitive, and uncontrollable. When we worry, we often focus on the uncertainty of the future and are afraid that bad things will happen. We plan over and over in our head various solutions to our problems. Yet this in-depth thinking and ruminating never seems to provide any relief.
Depression, Feeling Sad & Unmotivated
When we’re suffering from depression, we tend to think differently from other people. It’s as if we filter everything we see and experience through a negative light. Not surprisingly, this takes a big hit on our self-esteem and confidence. We start to feel discouraged and unmotivated as time goes on. Nothing feels the same as it once did. We wonder what’s wrong with ourselves, and we eventually end up believing that things will never, ever change. Even low-grade depression over a long period of time can be crippling.
For some, it’s a paralyzing fear of contamination, disaster or death. Others struggle unmanageable rituals that overwhelm your day, such as counting, checking or symmetry. Learn how to break the cycle of intrusive thoughts and endless rituals.
Prioritize, enrich, and strengthen your relationship by learning the communication tools and skills necessary to ensure that your relationship will survive through difficult times.
Socially anxious people fear being evaluated negatively which is linked unhealthy beliefs about themselves and other people. They are anxious about appearing anxious in front of others. They tend to avoid certain interpersonal situations or endure them with a source of dread.
Therapy with David is NOT for you if…
- You’re looking for a “Magic Bullet” to change your life without committing to any real work on your end
- You aren’t actually struggling with any of the issue listed above. Our work together is meant to generate solutions, not just provide education.
- You can’t commit to at least 1-2 hours a week to overcome your challenges
- You’re struggling with issues of safety, self-harm, or suicide
- You are currently self-medicating your emotional pain with excessive alcohol, marijuana, or drugs, and are unwilling to stop
You’re Ready for Therapy if…
- You’re open to being challenged to move outside of your comfort zone in order to achieve higher levels of tangible success
- You are willing to commit to making 100% of the change in yourself and not wait for others in your life to change first
- You’re willing to invest at least 10-15 minutes a day on reinventing yourself and not have the work magically done for you
- You feel like you’ve gotten as far with your struggles as you can, and are tired of just “maintaining” and keeping your head above water
- You’re ready to focus on changing your future rather than rehashing the trauma of the past
- You understand that progress will be challenging and that there will be ups and downs, but dramatic shifts in your life CAN happen by adjusting your life approach using the tactics you’ll learn